Gum disease is the most common disease affecting every family globally. A good daily dental hygiene routine will ensure your teeth and gums are free of the daily build-up of plaque and tartar, whilst regular dental hygiene appointments remove both in those harder to reach places to prevent cavities, gingivitis and gum disease.
What happens during a dental hygiene appointment?
- Examination to look for any inflammation, bleeding and plaque or calculus build-up
- Scale and polish of your teeth to remove all plaque and calculus
- Daily dental hygiene routine to ensure you can maintain those areas at risk on a day to day basis in between dental hygiene appointments
Our recommended daily Dental Hygiene routine
We have put together a perfect daily dental hygiene routine for our patient:
- Brush your teeth morning and night with a fluoride toothpaste ensuring you are cleaning all surfaces of your teeth and gently massaging the gum margins
- Use interdental cleaning aids such as floss or interproximal brushes daily to help remove plaque and tartar in between your teeth
- Use an electric toothbrush for enhanced cleaning effect
- Use a good mouthwash after brushing to clean those harder to reach areas
Toothbrushes, mouthwash and floss are all available from our practice. We recommend a regular dental hygiene appointment with Green Park Dental Practice to achieve your perfect smile.